This dramatic Moser lidded jar is attributed to Josef Hoffman for the Wiener Werkstätte, early 1920s and is 13.5 inches tall.
The workshop evolved from the Vienna Secession,
founded in 1897 as a progressive alliance of artists and designers.
From the start, the Secession had placed special emphasis on the applied
arts, and its 1900 exhibition surveying the work of contemporary
European design workshops prompted the young architect Josef Hoffmann and his artist friend Koloman Moser to consider establishing a similar enterprise.
Follow us on instagram http://instagram.com/theendofhistory#