American Brutalism at its best. Created by Glen Davis, a member of "Group A", originally formed in 1944 as "The Abstract Group" in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania - a guild with the goal of promoting abstract art in the area. The piece signed and numbered 5/69 (likely a date, and not referring to one of a series) is made of a multitude of hand cut metal rods, welded into "T" formations and reconfigured into a tower of controlled chaotic beauty.
22 x 6.25 x 6.25 inches w/ base
Provenance: The Glen Davis Estate